THE 2016 COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED AND ENTRIES ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED
Now in the fourth year, Northumberland, Durham and Tees Valley Wildlife Trusts, The Natural History Society of Northumbria, the Great North Museum: Hancock, Nestlé UK and Alan Hewitt Photography have launched the The North East Wildlife Photography Competition 2016!
Entry is free and you can submit a total of six photographs and there are six categories:
- Wildlife Portraits
- Wildlife in Action
- Wildlife in the Landscape
- Nature Up Close
- Mobile Nature
- Young Person’s
It doesn’t matter where you live but the photographs must have been taken in the North East region which is the area covered by Northumberland, Newcastle, Gateshead, North Tyneside, South Tyneside, Durham, Sunderland, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Stockton-on-Tees and Redcar & Cleveland.
There are some great prizes for the winners and runners up of each category plus an overall winner. Click here to find out more about the prizes you can win
How to enter
- Before submitting a photograph it is essential you read and understand the Rules and the Terms and Conditions. Failure to adhere to the rules and photograph requirements may result in your photographs being disqualified from the competition.
- Familiarise yourself with the Categories. There are two seperate submission methods. One is specifically for photographs from smart devices such as mobile phones which are being entered into the ‘Mobile Nature’ category.
- Have a look through our blog posts for some hints and tips.
- Prepare your photographs for submission.
- When you are ready…
2015 Overall winner
For more winners and runners-up from 2015 click here.